View Single Post
      01-10-2021, 12:12 AM   #1
Purple Tom
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3, 2014 BMW X4

F25 Heated Seat Problem

Hi,

I’m after a bit of advice if possible. I bought a 2011 F25 x20d on the 27/12/20. I knew it had some issues but it was cheap and I like a project. One of the main things was that the heated seats didn’t work - the three stage switches for the front seats lit up as usual but there was no heat and the rear heated seat switches didn’t light up when pressed and had no illumination to them either.

I bought the car anyway and on the drive home, after about 20 minutes of driving, the front heated seats suddenly came to life. I could hear a clicking from under the dash somewhere when I pressed the switches and there was heat to both seats. I couldn’t however tell if the rear seats were working. The car had been stood for a couple of months so I put the problem down to a low battery and thought nothing more of it.

I’ve been doing some other stuff to the car in my workshop and it’s now back on the road, however the seats have stopped working again. I’ve changed the battery and done the battery learn procedure so it’s definitely not related to that. I have a Foxwell NT530 so I scanned the car last night and in the JBBF it threw up the following fault codes:

C90D71 - Seat heating, rear passengers side, missing LIN component

C90D72 - Seat heating, drivers side rear, missing LIN component

C90D73 - Seat heating switch, rear drivers side, missing LIN component

C90D74 - AUC Sensor: does not respond

C90D83 - Seat heating switch, rear passengers side, missing LIN component

C90D9B - Seat heating, passenger: no LIN component

C90D9C - Seat heating, driver: no LIN component

I’m a little stumped on this - I’m used to slightly older cars without LINBUS and despite some research I’m not even sure what a LIN component is. From what I can tell it means some issue somewhere with the LIN for the heated seats, but the fact that they worked briefly on the way home would suggest that physically the seats are ok, it could be more of a wiring issue somewhere...

Can anyone advise or offer any assistance? Sorry for the long post.

Thanks
Tom
Appreciate 0