United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post

Hilarious.

I'm not talking about being on a racetrack.

I'm talking about in real life on a moist road or in the twisties.
Regardless of why Corvettes entered the conversation, you're absolutely embarrassing yourself. Corvettes are handling monsters. GM makes dogsh** interiors but they make excellent handling cars. In fact, they have better electronic steering racks than most BMWs these days, no exaggeration. MagneRide is also significantly better than any adaptive suspension BMW's ever produced.

As far as the original point though, the X4M is nearly 1000 lbs lighter than a Trackhawk and has the benefit of significantly newer drivetrain. The Trackhawk itself is 3 years old, but the WK2 is nearly 10 years old, and the Hellcat motor is over 5 years old.

Judging by your response, the comments on this thread, the fixation on 1/4mi and 0-60 times, and the average Performance SUV buyer I know, no one really buys an X3/4/5/6M for twisties, track, or "moist" road conditions. (lol, what is a moist road?) All they care about is the badge and the straight line performance. The Trackhawk gets you all of that with a passable interior for a lot less than an X5M. Both have their place in the market.

And if you've never driven a pushrod V8 with a huge supercharger sitting on top, you don't know what you're missing. Superchargers are not as efficient as turbochargers, but they give a lot better throttle response.
Appreciate 1