Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435icp

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTrash View Post
my friends mini cooper used to do it like once a month, its just a malfunction
Woah now!

It's not a malfunction. The tires actually DO need air. They may not look like it, but trust me. My tires got the warning and I too thought it was a malfunction. After all, the car was only 5 months old. A cursory glance at the tire suggested it was fine. I hit the reset and it would come back. It eventually left.

I just had my 4 tires replaced because the 2 in the front were "feathering". It's a low tire pressure issue.

BMW recommends tires be checked 2x/month. Check it at least 1x/month. If you ever get the alert, just take it in and let them deal with it.

But DO NOT drive around on tires that got the TPM warning like there's nothing wrong by simply resetting the TPM. You'll eventually wonder why your tires are noisy and you'll be mad.

Google "tire feathering" for more info on the subject.

And PLEASE don't tell people to ignore the issues that their car is telling them should be checked out.
The credit belongs to those who are actually in the arena, who strive valiantly, who know the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spend themselves in a worthy cause; who, at the best, know the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if they fail, fail while daring greatly so that their place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
Appreciate 0