08-17-2022, 12:21 AM   #15
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
I picked up a 22 X3MC that was on the lot when I needed a car to wait out an allocation.

My neighbor has a 21 X5MC - I've driven his.

Hands down 5 vs. 3. The 5 (and I found this to be true in the F80 vs F90 (owned both)) just is so much nicer, better materials, more lux. Everyone says, yeah, but you're missing the point, the X3 is supposed to be like the M3 - like a track car. I guess that's fine for some - but it's still a SUV for god sakes - tons of weight up high, tons of extra weight in general. I spent 2.5 years in a F80 M3C. The x3M is not it's lifted brother - it's a pretty basic / low end SUV with an awesome motor (and some clever suspension work to try to hide it's weight.

Now the same can be said about the X5MC - it's no M5 in terms of handling and braking. My neighbors had the 22s on it - and it is harsh - way harsh compared to an M5. Other than that - way nicer materials, seats in the 5 are some of the best in the biz (and in the 3 I hate them), etc.
I've never heard anyone call the X3 MC a "pretty basic low end SUV" & if that were actually true I would've never put on in my driveway while waiting on the G87 M2. It's a touch heavier & has a high center of gravity. But with the right mods & proper driver behind the wheels the driving dynamics are much more agile then you "basic" words really portrayed here. But we each have different ways of looking at these machines don't we.

2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0