View Single Post
      03-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #158
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Finally I found out at what model the macan makes me think of. The Macan takes a lot of spirit of the Ford Pinto from the 70's - 80's.

I hope that those who ordered the Macan, you don't have to pay extra for the fire extinguisher at least keep with you some sausages, so that when the car will take fire (as the GT3 do) you can at least use it as a BBQ, expensive BBQ, but a very exclusive BBQ.

For some of those non-European members here, it seems you do know SEAT and SKODA brand that belongs to VAG Group. It seems that you have never experienced to buy a premium brand (Audi) of the VAG Group and notice that some visible parts in the cockpit used, are the same on SEAT and SKODA. The only difference of these parts is the price you paid, and the fact that you get pis#ed off when you realize this. I know what I say as I had an Audi S3 a long time ago. The 911 has surely his own parts, but the Macan surely will share some parts from the other brands, and not only from Audi.

The Macan Turbo has 400 Hp, right? But what will it represent in % of sales over the two other models? In Europe I believe the Diesel and the S version will sell a lot more due to taxes. Asia has high taxes too, so maybe mainly Diesel and S version too. So finally only USA/Canada and Southwest Asia will get the biggest sales of Turbo model.

The Range Rover Evoque has no engine with 400 Hp, only small engines with 150 Hp up to 240 Hp. Did it make shadow to it's success here in Europe? I don't believe so. As said Scott26 in a post, Evoque, Macan and X4 are on the same market. If they want to make the biggest sales in terms of Unit, then the target market is not 400 Hp which is only low volume market.

Before closing the VAG OFF topic, I laughed last week when I discovered the pictures of the New TT. Audi who kept during all these years so many buttons in the cockpit in order to not follow the Trend that BMW initiated. Audi finally revised their minds.

And now if this thread can goes back on the main subject and inform about it and not about another model that would be usefull. Otherwise let rename the thread "The New Porsche Macan".

I saw in person the new X4 last Monday at the Geneva Car Show, and the car looks really nice. Mine is on order.
Appreciate 0