View Single Post
      10-04-2019, 10:36 AM   #11
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadigmDawg View Post
I am thinking NorthStar in Denton. It should be about the same drive for both of us and we would have more control over how we want to start. I am thinking a Pro tree to take the Christmas Tree more out of the equation or better yet, just compare slips and fastest car wins no matter who crosses first? The Tree shouldn't dictate which car is fastest in this scenario, that is more of a "who is the better driver". 2 out of 3 runs. I am curious which one will heat soak the quickest too.

Do you have any simulated data on the X2MC yet?
The X3MC will need the Sportsman Tree to build boost against the torque converter to get a decent launch. A Pro Tree will kill the X3MC.

I love DCT's. Have one in my Turbo S. Much better to launch vs BMW Launch Control. I've used BMW Launch Control many times on my X5M, M5 and X3MC. All limit rpm to 2700ish.

So ADVANTAGE Merc on this one with a 3500rpm DCT !

If both are pure stock, both launched properly, both 93 pump gas.......will be a very fun race. Merc with more torque and awesome DCT will leave quicker/harder...will the X3MC close the gap up top ?????? Fun to watch......

Good luck !
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12963.50