View Single Post
      03-24-2017, 07:24 PM   #2212
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhoudaniell View Post
Why is that though? I only disabled the legal disclaimers and didn't do anything with the actual animal screen besides code a different variant.

Also, it seems super random. For example, I had my car turned off for like 15 mins earlier this afternoon and when I returned, the animation screen went on. After that, I left it off for about 5 hours, and just now when I went to it, no animation screen.
Maybe I misunderstood what you mean by welcome screen; I assumed you meant either the legal disclaimer.

Re boot animation: each vehicle is a little different. But, I have mine set to turn off electronics as many other do because I have no use for car to keep running as I am leaving; this way; without fail, I always get animation. I guess you have to decide what is more important, to see boot animation or continue listening to stereo. If you choose to not code my prefered way, then a few other suggestions include the following:
  • Observe how much time you waste between unlocking vehicle, getting into driver's seat, and pressing start. See if it makes a difference if you minimize time taken.
  • Do you use CA or keyFOB to lock?
  • Do you code for mirrors to fold with locking vehicle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by titsataki View Post
I thought for safety purposes when you open the door or hit the start/stop button he car goes to P.

Now the rest of the stuff telescope/move the seat back I would interested.
Also how do you lock the car that puts windows up/folds the mirrors immediately?
I can do it but I have to hold the FOB button or hold comfort access.

Any pointers much appreciated.
Whether car goes into Neutral (N) or Park (P) depends on speed you are moving as well as if seat belt is buckled.

Do you have telescoping/electronic steering wheel? How about comfort seats with memory buttons? Search Easy Entry/Exit. Another helpful measurement link.

Re Windows & mirrors: The mirrors are all-or-nothing, but windows only continue movement if CA or keyFOB pressure is maintained. If my windows are all the way down, I use door rockerswitch as I have Window Safety disabled to allow continued movement when doors opened. Otherwise, I use CA to slightly close and fold.
Appreciate 0