View Single Post
      07-22-2019, 06:05 PM   #17
shnaggs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
damnnnn she looks GREAT! I love the wheels on it too, i never see them that often in person. The e90 looks boss as well, love the setup on that as well she looks like she can eat a pothole or two with ease.

Since you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, check all the obvious things first that are within your scope... I.e for me I try to do anything that does not require heavy duty specialized equipment (but don't ask me to remove a wheel bearing lol). So if you have the tools to service the part, check it. I highly suggest getting a carly scanner, really straightforward and has not failed me yet among the fleet of 8 BMWs I work on. Check for codes, refer to bentley publishers manual and check all faults. Also, check intake filter, pull out & inspect coil packs and spark plugs, do a quick vacuum leak check, use engine bay cam or dental mirror and fully inspect all engine connections. You know the drill.

Maybe check 0-60 times with a free on phone app? If you have hp/tq dispays via idrive, see what they read out. Curious to see how this plays out. But since it is covered by warranty, have them assign a master tech to go over the car and see what happens?

Kiemyster, thanks for the kind words

Not a bad idea asking for a master tech to check everything out.

I have Carly already but just realized I need to buy another license for this car. Maybe this weekend I’ll get a chance to look over everything and see if anything pops up.
Appreciate 0