View Single Post
      07-20-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
shnaggs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TDi

‘17 X3 35i poor performance

Hello, last weekend I went and downsized my wife’s car from a Cx9 to a x3 M-sport 35i with 25k miles and with all the bells and whistles. I started looking into these x3’s a few months ago and pretty much decided that if we were going to get one that it would need to be the 35i engine. Now, this is my first gasser BMW that I and my wife have owned, but I currently drive an ‘11 M-sport 335D. When I first went to look at the x3’s at a dealer, all the used ones, including the 2 35i versions they had, were sold that day or had down payments on them. So the salesman let me drive a ‘19 x3 with the 30i engine...turbo 4 cyl. Car was nice and the engine lacked the low end torque, which is what you would expect, but went decent up top. Now, fast forward to me finding the ‘17 35i that we bought. I am honestly pretty underwhelmed by this 35i engine. Of coarse it has a bit more torque than the 30i engine, but honestly it feels slower!!! It even feels slower than the turbo 4 cyl in the cx9 we traded. I would think that 300hp and 300tq would be quite a ride, but I’m beginning to think maybe something is wrong....No check engine light on and it has a clean Carfax report. Is there anything that usually goes bad, or something I should look into first??? Any input or suggestion would be appreciated
Appreciate 0