View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 05:37 PM   #9
FastRedPonyCar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
One of the few people I guess that have owned an MYP, X3M and a Golf R. Can't go wrong with any of them, but truth be told, I do the think the new MK8 R probably hits the sweet spot in terms of price, performance, fit and finish, etc. (helps that I also wanted a 6MT).

The X3M is an incredible machine, but is horrifically outdated now, especially on the interior. 95% of the interior is identical to what I had on my 2015 M3.

The MYP is a different animal altogether, basically an electric X3M, just really tough to describe. But I know the electric thing is a non-starter for some. The thing is just cavernous though. Probably double the cargo capacity of the Golf and X3M combined.

In the end though, I could only keep two out of the three and ended up keeping the MYP and Golf R... for now
I rented a MK8 GTI for a week to see if I could live with the infotainment and haptic buttons but I really didn’t like it. Everything felt a bit sluggish vs the Tesla.

The cheapest MK8 R near me was almost $9000 over MSRP and I just couldn’t do it….especially knowing that (at the time) there were at least rumors of a refresh with physical buttons.

I honestly like the interior of the X3M. It does feel dated vs the other LCI cars with the big screen but I prefer it. I think I would have been ok with the Tesla controls if they let me disable auto wipers and high beams when auto pilot is on. ..or they could just make them work better.

To be totally honest, I miss my Scatpack Charger more than any other of my old cars. It was hilarious, sounded amazing, wildly unsafe and looked awesome but the offers I got during Covid for that thing were too good to pass up (I got $7k under what I paid for it and I had put 50k miles on it hahaha)
Appreciate 1