View Single Post
      12-19-2021, 05:11 PM   #368
10SecGG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G82 X-Drive,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Well View Post
Thanks for sharing your Dragy runs, 10SecGG. Regarding records - maybe it is with Dragy but I don't know as I don't follow those closely.

If those Qtr numbers were run at a sanctioned Strip with a formal Slip, I'd have already prepared the spreadsheets and you would be on the All Class Leaderboard. https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=337 The problem arises in the lack of trust with Dragy's Slope readings, which obviously have a major impact on acceleration numbers. No doubt you chose what seemed to be a flat surface for your run, and it may, in fact, have been an upslope for all we know, but as I continue to stress when I share my formal slips and simultaneous Dragy numbers, Dragy's 'Slope' remains an outlier for consistency, and therefore cannot be relied upon for referencing runs. Just look at my first two entries on Dragy from the exact same lane only 1-1/2 hours apart at GNV Raceway. https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=358 The first shows a slope of -0.40% in the Qtr, and the second is only -0.05%. That's a difference of 0.35% on the same lane less than 2 hours apart.

Your Qtr run shows a slope of -0.82%, which is quite large considering the distance. The data shared so far seem to suggest Dragy's slope calculations vary more in shorter sampled distances but the longer lengths smooth out it seems. So although 'Valid' by Dragy criteria, when there is such a variation between runs in the same lane at a formal Strip less than two hours apart, the 0.35% error shown in just my one example would place your -0.82% in the 'Invalid' range if it also erred in a negative fashion, due to advantageous downgrade.

Thanks again for sharing your Dragy data as always welcomed, but caution is warranted when discussing 'reference records'.
Thank you for your feedback... I appreciate it. Totally respect your opinion, and position regarding Dragy, however, it is used for confirmed records for many platforms. I'm not now, nor was I ever suggesting I set any kind of record, it was merely a question with regards to a TUNE only mod. Thanks again for your reply.
Appreciate 0