View Single Post
      10-05-2019, 12:53 PM   #10
jcmbmw
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 XLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagonR View Post
I'm in Portland, OR, which is hardly the snow belt. I grew up in eastern Washington, which is closer to the snow belt; an average of 100+ inches of snow a year. However, when it snows, or there is freezing rain (more common), in Portland, it's worse than I've experienced in a place that is used to dealing with snow.

The Goodyears were okay, but the Blizzacks are so much better that it's not even close. My neighborhood has an easy 500 feet of cumulative elevation change to deal with before hitting an arterial. When it snows hard people are hitting cars, smashing curbs, and giving up and walking. Buses stop and just let people out. The X3 with Blizzacks doesn't care at all. Not a single issue.

The car is capable, but the part of the car the touches the road is what matters. If you're going to deal with snow regularly, just get the winter tires and enjoy the peace of mind. That's my thought.
Yes, I am a big proponent of running snows and I know the difference they made with the Jeep so I'm assuming the same would be true on the x3.

So would you recommend running winter rims at 18" with the Bilzzaks? I'll keep the 19's with the LS2's for summer.
Appreciate 0