View Single Post
      03-06-2017, 06:18 PM   #7
bmwE83
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x3

Upgrade to HID kit.

I have upgraded almost all my cars to HID (where possible). Once you try it - you would never look back. It is also became very compact and inexpensive option these days.

Try OPT7 Blitz Bullet HID Kit Powerful "Mount-Less" Ballasts - All Colors and Sizes Simple DIY Install - 2 Yr Warranty [H7 - 5K Pure White Xenon Light]

It is very compact and fits behind the bulb inside the light body. You will need a capacitor (can buy it as option) to prevent flicker as car sends less than 100% PWM, probably to prolong halogen bulb life, but it will kill the ballast if you allow it to flicker.
OPT7 HID Anti-Flicker Capacitors Warning Light Canceler Error Eliminator (Pair)

I am enjoing HID for $29 and I would never regret it. You will also need to code no check [worm/cold] on low-beam bulbs. Although I did not test the detection with capacitors installed, as it was already disabled when I played with LEDs. Cheers.

Note: HID upgrade only works in low-beam. If you after high+low beam there is more exotic option. I got it but did not bother to try it yet: VIP X2 H7 - 4200K Xenon HIR Halogen Headlight Bulb Super White Lamp 75W Headlamp. Those will work in both light as normal halogen bulbs, the only issue it is more expensive and I do not know how bright they are. Also take a long time to get 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by bmwE83; 03-07-2017 at 06:08 PM..
Appreciate 0