View Single Post
      09-09-2021, 10:22 AM   #5
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Congratulations and welcome! Based on your story, I know you're gonna love the car!

In terms of your questions:

- Adaptive button is indeed gone. The M40i now has the adaptive M suspension standard, which was an option previous model years. However, this is different than the adaptive button. Pressing the adaptive button would enable a mode which would adjust the suspension, steering, throttle response, etc in real time based on several factors, including your driving style and GPS data. I have not found any equivalent mode in my 2022 X4. Honestly, it sounds cool on paper, but in practice I imagine it would be very jarring to have the car constantly adjusting itself.

- I like the mild hybrid system. It makes the start/stop function completely seamless, however honestly I never use the start/stop because I'm basically always in "sport individual" mode which I tuned everything to be the most aggressive except for the transmission, which I left in "regular" sport mode rather than "sport plus" configuration, as I'm still in the break in period and the sport plus transmission setting REALLY revs out the engine. The hybrid system also gives you a good kick in the rear when accelerating from a stop, the turbo lag is minimal, and it also seems to help keep power delivery consistent during gearshifts. Upshifting is so smooth you barely even notice that the gear changed because of the power delivery. It's great. My MPG is 19 mpg (US) while driving about 25%/50%/25% urban/suburban/highway in sport mode so I don't think the hybrid system is doing much in terms of that.

Comfort - I find the drivers seat very comfortable for my height and body shape. The Vernasca leather isn't the softest or most luxurious, however the seat itself is fine IMHO. Of note I do have the lumbar support and side bolsters present on the drivers side. I haven't sat extensively in the passenger seat (just to test) - due to the chip shortage it does not have lumbar or side bolster adjustment but people I've had in the car find it comfortable. I also find the rear seats surprisingly comfortable. At 6 feet tall I have enough leg room sitting behind my own driving position and even plenty of headroom in the X4. The fact that the rear seats can lean back (even just a little bit) has a surprisingly big impact. Take all this with a grain of salt, however, as I drove my little 135i 900 miles straight a month ago with no stops except for gas, and found that to be perfectly comfortable as well.

Again- congrats and welcome! Post pics when it arrives

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 1