07-05-2022, 10:37 AM   #19
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by khearon23 View Post
I would love to see a JD Power study detailing how many surveys were completed vs how many were sent out.

I completed it, but it is too long. I almost stopped and moved on to something else.

I think the reports are pushed out too soon. The 12-18 month ownership mark would be best to allow a bit more time to experience the vehicles and collect a good data set.
I would love to know that as well. I've only received one or two J.D. surveys in my entire life, so I always wonder who receives them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Having worked at all 3 German brands, BMW's quality is severely underrated and is often over looked because of their design. Mercedes and Audi tend to wow you with that shine factor but when you actual sit and actually experience the interior, BMW just does it better especially when it comes to the smaller details. I can confidently say, apples/apples, spec/spec, BMW's quality is better than Mercedes and Audi and I can say that with a straight face.
I agree with you. BMW's infotainment is a significant step above their competition for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Porsche tech is not as good as BMW in my experience. Very few cars have HUD for example, and wireless car play in the loaners I had was flaky. One of the last areas where BMW are leaders is integrating tech and physical buttons, shame most of the LCI cars are moving away from this as it really was their edge. I drive 7 will probably be peak BMW tech for features / usability.
i agree. i have a 2022 cayenne turbo coupe and the hud is useless and low res. the infotainment system regularly forgets my account. really a joke. fortunately the car sounds and drives amazing so I can look past it.
I know that's an issue with the 992 as well. Mine forgot my account for about 30 minutes on one occasion and then logged in while driving. Other than that, I haven't had any issues with Porsches PCM and the GUI of the newer PCM looks really nice. It took a bit to get used to coming from iDrive, but I've acclimated.

With PCM 6.X, Porsche is getting better though. The car will play USB music videos and movies……and it looks good, but the video shuts off once the car is in motion. I miss the coding ability of the BMW's. I know it's possible to code the Porsches, but it's not a huge part of the community like it is with BMW.
Appreciate 0