View Single Post
      05-31-2021, 07:33 AM   #3
Mindau
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f31

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredBa View Post
On another forum there is a rumor the x30e LCI would be canceled, which is not a crazy theory considering the tighter range and emission demands in European countries to qualify for fiscal discounts (e.g. 60km in Germany as of 2022).
There is no magic when it comes to PHEV. More battery = higher cost / trim = more weight = more fuel consumption etc.

I just did a two-way 800mi road trip and the current x30e works great for me. 31mpg on the highway for 71mph average including stops, enough battery for electric only driving in the city where I live as everything is close by.

Not sure what an improved x3e would look like. A 40e with the x5e’s 24kW battery they somehow find room for and the 30i’s B48 engine tuning would have bad looking mpg and highway range.
You are right about the tax credit in Germany, that it needs to to go 60km + WLPT el range. Then the question arises on the fact that PHEV X3 had been captured in camo being tested, so makes sense they will still move ahead with it. I think the the tuned b48 plus something like 18kw battery would make sense. Problem is, somewhat the release date for the LCI became completely unknown factor 🤦*♂️
Appreciate 1