View Single Post
      05-30-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
Mindau
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f31

Is BMW planning for bigger battery in PHEV's?

Hi folks,

I've had the X3 30e on order in Denmark, which got cancelled recently since they could not deliver it with driving assistant plus incl. adaptive cruise control due to semiconductor shortage.
So i decided to wait for the LCI hoping that they might resume on this option in the initial sales. Seems like this LCI is not in a rush for an official reveal since its been rumored that ir will show off May, now thats maybe June.
I looked around and tried the Audi Q5 50TFSI E and left very surprised of the battery performance - started with 80% of the charge, straight into the highway, and after 31kms trip with no interruptions, AC on, and music, the car was still showing the 20km range left. Speed was 120km/h. Apparently Audi has upgraded the battery for plugins and now its 17,9kwh with 7,4kw on-board charger.
When i tried the X3 30e, that 100% battery gave me about 30kms on the highway that speed.
However, owning BMW's for many years, i do prefer BMW drive feeling over the Audi, so am wondering now - did anyone hear anything about PHEV's comming with bigger batteries and more el. range?
Also just seen the newly launched Mercedes C class with 24kw battery and 55kw onboard charger, and 100km range. Seems like BMW is lacking the pace in the electrification for PHEV's, anyone has any info on that parspective?
Thanks !
Appreciate 1