View Single Post
      05-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
carlili4190
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Nissan 350Z, 11 BMW X3

Did you dyno after the tune? I'm curious of what the gains would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy yen View Post
There are ways to bump the power on your X3 35i to be like what an "X3M" would be like. JB, Hartge and Dinan. Handling characteristics could also be upgraded with springs, wheels and tires. Pretty much that's as far as it gets. Not to be a downer, but you'll never get "M" performance through just doing upgrades on our vehicles. The lack of aftermarket support and the lack of demand isn't exactly a compelling reason for more development on parts. Our X3's have been out for 2 model years and there still aren't black kidney grills available. However, that gives you an opportunity to really make your X3's your own.

Like Juddholland said, I have JB on my X3, I love it... it gives me that extra power that I want. I'll also be putting 20's on it shortly with H&R lowering springs. It still wont make it an M but it'll be my own. The only thing is that I might end up going to a Dinan tune as Burger Tuning isn't developing a Stage 2 due to the differences in DMV. Although BMW uses the same Powertrain across their lines from the 3 series to the X6, the DME is very different on the F chassis making it harder for tunes to be added.... Call it a smart computer for BMW.

Anyways, hope i've given you some insight. Cheers and happy modding!
Appreciate 0