View Single Post
      10-21-2019, 11:58 PM   #14
Oilverland
Red-gistered
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 F25 xDrive 35i

Note that generally you should not replace only one tire on an AWD vehicle. If there is very little tread wear on the other tires it might be OK. Else you risk destroying the transfer case due to different wheel rotation speeds.

So buy a new set or talk the dealer into it (they should have inspected them on a CPO car one would think - they did sell you an unsafe car) and then get a hazard insurance policy for them that if one goes bad, you get at least pro-rated value of all 4.

As noted in another post, get go-flats and a compressor and some sealant. Much better ride.

Read up on online reviews before you buy, from sources such as Consumer Reports, Tire Rack and Discount Tire (a.k.a. America's Tire). Ignore Amazon reviews and others that get high ratings in search engine results - they are merely opinion pieces or may use Web page tricks that get them rated higher than merited. That's my opinion, anyway.

I'm dubious that misalignment was a primary issue but no harm in having it checked. If it were misaligned that badly it would steer really poorly, I suspect. Goodyears don't usually get the best reviews. If I had two tires go bad I'd want to get rid of all 4, regardless of brand. A friend had Michelins that wouldn't hold air - very unusual for them to have problems so maybe a bad batch that he should and did replace.

Last edited by Oilverland; 10-22-2019 at 12:04 AM..
Appreciate 0