View Single Post
      01-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #70
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
I drove my E92 M3 for 3 years in Europe and found that there were some features that I could not access. The most worrisome was the FM Radio band being limited to odd first decimals (e.g. 89.1, 89.3) when many stations, particularly emergency broadcasts in long tunnels were on even frequencies. I had my car coded to accept these. I even thought of switching out the mobile phone to a European one so that I could get real time traffic. Instead I stuck a TomTom on the window. That had the additional advantage of giving me the real speed that I was travelling at. Saved me more than it cost in photo radar tickets! All rather frustrating, since my first BMW came was a tourist delivery (1990) and came with a European radio.
Speed limit info coupled with HUD and switching the units to KM from miles mitigates pretty much any camera tickets. The digital display of speed seems to be much more inline with actual speed then the old analog gauges, especially at higher speeds although the analog gauges in my F31 are pretty close.
Appreciate 0