HU_NBT_EVO > TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE 3003 > WLAN_STATUS
HU_NBT_EVO > TELEFON_TELEMATIK_ONLINE 3003 > WLAN_WIFI_DIRECT
ENT_MIRACAST
ENT_MIRACAST_DISPLAY_SETTINGS
HU_NBT_EVO > HMI 3000 >ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP
HU_NBT_EVO > HMI 3000 >ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP_COVERART
HU_NBT_EVO > HMI 3000 >ENT_MC_WLAN_STREAM_DMP_VIDEO

Switch all of these to active.

Let me know if it works. I had to pluck my highlighted changes from my master sheet that also includes EBT.
I can confirm this coding for Screen Mirroring works in Expert mode on Bimmercode (with some sad, sad caveats below!) Lo and behold Google Maps and/or Waze on the iDrive screen at last!!! Note that I do NOT have the built in wifi + wireless charging factory option, so was a little surprised there is in fact a wifi antenna in there somewhere to connect to.

The screen mirroring option came up in iDrive. It gave me the option to add a device. It did NOT recognize my Pixel as a Screen Mirroring device. I was however able to get my Lenovo tablet to connect and mirror. I've previously researched this and believe (my theory only) that Miracast is the mirroring technology that BMW has tucked away in their code. The newer versions of Android dropped Miracast support in favor of their own Chromecast technology.

The Pixel is running Android 9 which did not ever connect successfully. The Lenovo tablet is running Android 7.1.1. Anyone with a newer phone is probably out of luck. Also noteworthy: I could never get audio to pass through with the screencast. No audio came out of the tablet or the car. So even with the proper Android version, it's basically a useless feature, unless someone knows of a setting which allows the audio...
Great info here, and I presumed as much as I also use a pixel. Makes total sense with the Miracast technology and why it doesn't work with newer androids. Need to find a way to plug a Chromecast into the USB slot to give us access, as I don't think we'll get Android Auto support even if BMW do release this...
Appreciate 0