View Single Post
      05-20-2020, 05:32 PM   #66
dakine_surf
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg e91, r53 Cooper S, e28 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
Statistics hey?! Yes I know the majority of gun deaths are suicides too.

In the U.K. it's hanging. Grim whichever.

Have done some mental health work, there's a school of thought that says a lot of people who failed suicide attempts are glad. Which suggests that if you make it hard to do, people benefit.

Anyway, enough of that, stay safe all,
Yeah super sad but the majority of gun deaths are self-inflicted... which suggests a completely different problem, but most people want something to blame other than people's decisions.

Yeah making it harder probably saves lives but at a cost to the freedoms of those who obey the laws. We really need mental health reform in this country... not nerfing anything dangerous. A big part of that is being honest, talking about mental health, and not just medicating everyone because they are sad that their life isn't what they wanted. Life is hard, it sucks sometimes, it's not fair... but to be honest, struggle makes you into the human you are supposed to be.

All my friends are a little fucked up... even if they grew up with the money... bad shit happens and its how we deal with it that builds the character. I grew up with money but in order for my family to have the money, I had a workaholic dad and a Mom in Med School.... so money wasn't an issue, but I raised myself. I would never ever wish that on my kids, but then I look at how that has shaped me, my friends, that were raised similar... The struggle is a good thing and teaches you what you are capable of.

Sorry for the off-topic thread jack, but everyone on here is pretty good about decent intellectual conversation.

Last edited by dakine_surf; 05-20-2020 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 5
///M4TT150.00
paliknight2191.50
trey1001125.00
CH400EM117.50