Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakine_surf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
It's off at a bit of a tangent, but don't 40% of Americans live in a household with a gun? In the U.K. it's around 7% and the vast majority of those are shotguns. Consequently, guns are much harder to get hold of and are only used in 0.2% of crimes.

So the U.K. does actually have something going for it!!👍
I bet its actually higher than that... its probably in the 60% range and 40% have more than one gun in the house.

But considering the sheer number of guns here, America really has very little gun crime (we like to make a big deal about it)... 300+ million guns go every day without ever being used in a crime. It's something like 1% of 1% that ever actually gets used in a crime and something like 90% of those are stolen from law-abiding citizens. The numbers are really really tricky since it becomes such a hot charged topic, and rarely is data compiled without a bias.
Statistics hey?! Yes I know the majority of gun deaths are suicides too.

In the U.K. it's hanging. Grim whichever.

Have done some mental health work, there's a school of thought that says a lot of people who failed suicide attempts are glad. Which suggests that if you make it hard to do, people benefit.

Anyway, enough of that, stay safe all,

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 0