Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynX3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWright82 View Post
The 718s look great in black! Any suspension plans in the future?
Thank you! No plans for now. I have the black side grilles on order and some 15mm spacers. That's about it.

Quote:
Wheels look good. Mind sharing how much it cost to do?
Thanks! Sure thing, it was $500 to get them professionally powdercoated. These guys do great work. I've sent about a dozen of my cars there over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX3M View Post
Looks great!
Thank you! Once everything else is installed and the car gets a nice detailing I'll take a proper photoshoot of it.
$500 seems very reasonable. Wonder if I can find a similar price around here.

How long were you without the vehicle while the powder coating was done?
I reached out to the local dealership to see if they had any local recommendations for a place to do the powder coating. They said they have a guy that can do the work at the dealership...however at a cost of $1,600 for all four!
You were given a quote that included a 'dealership middleman premium'. The powder coat need to be applied and baked with special equipment so I'm not sure your dealer has them. The only value you may expect is when something goes wrong, the dealer may kinda stand behind the work. :

Engineering Explained has a YouTube video about Powder coating rims, and they filmed the process with the help of a shop in the Phoenix area. The whole multi step process is legit and consistent with how a good powder coating should be done. You may want to check out that particular shop.

Got a quote from those guys just a little bit ago. Excellent price at $600 in total including a clear coat on the wheels.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0