View Single Post
      03-17-2019, 05:59 PM   #6
F30NFifty5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i XDrive 6mt / e83 X3

Update!

So i finally got around to finishing the transfer case gear replacement. Needed some extensions for the 13mm subframe bolts and a universal socket to get an angle at some of those stupid tori bolts holding the motor to the transfer case. Difficulty out of 10..10 being the highest id give it a 8/10. It was super annoying to get to those top bolts, especially if you don't have the right tools. Not to mention, i wasn't using jack stands or wheel chocks...I used the curb of my parking spot to lift the front end of the car up about 3.5 inches or so.

What killed me the most is that the damn gearwasn't really damaged or worn at all. There was a small spot shown in the picture that displayed some type of wear and tear but nothing crazy. I guess the lights came on for that week because the gear didn't catch on the spindle for half a second, triggering the lights to pop up on the dash.. Either way I put the near gear in and buttoned her all up. Shouldn't have to worry about the transfer case for the rest of the time I have the car. Thanks for all the tips
Attached Images

Appreciate 0