08-20-2015, 08:53 PM   #35
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
I'm a swimmer so it's relatively light compared to a lot of gym enthusiasts I know.

These are all PRs- DL 405
Bench 275
Squat - 315

I hit weights 4 days a week on my shorter swim days 4800-6400 meters(3-4 miles) my distance days I only swim and go 9500 meters (6miles)

I'm definitely trying to get "bigger" but it's a challenge with my level of swimming. I eat upwards of 6K calories and even then/ whether it's pizza donuts or burgers- it melts right off.

I rue the day I stop because I'm sure i will blow up I stopped for a month a few years back- and gained 20 lbs that month.
wow... good for you bro - the swimmers i know are typically super cut and lean but not necessarily strong. your PRs are pretty out of the ordinary for most swimmers i know, especially your bench - dang well done.

the 6k calorie day kinda blows my mind too haha.. not quite michael phelps level, but you must be on the CAN like 5 times a day

I grew up in hawaii and was like 110lbs in high school, went surfing almost every day, and couldn't put weight on to save my life. That changed in college when i started to lift. I'm 5'10" and currently fluctuate at 190-194lbs and 10-12% BF. I only supplement my diet with whey protein. creatine doesn't seem to do much for me. other than lifting, my new passion is dragonboating (paddling) - thats the only cardio i do now as i find running pretty boring. My PRs are:

bench - 365
squat - 385
deadlift - n/a (never really did dl's and have bad back now and can't do dl's)

I find that when i get over 200lbs, almost all of it is fat (can't put on any more lean muscle mass), so i gave up trying, and maintain my weight around 190 now. my weakness is craft beer - ipa's, stouts, belgian trippels, barleywine, ales, ... i gotta have it. otherwise, don't really have many other guilty pleasures (e.g. junk food, soda, smoking, drugs, ...)
Appreciate 0