Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
This is a tough one for me but I am leaning toward X3M. I love my E92 M3 to death but a low ground clearance RWD vehicle is not well suited to my lifestyle. I'm an avid skier and mountain biker and live at the edge of the mountains on a big hill which got hammered with snow over the last two weeks. I also have a pot-holed commute which gets a little tiresome in the M3. My wife drives our Audi which I can use but she needs it as well. I don't really like the idea of 3 cars because I'm not interested in driving a beater on a regular basis in the winter or on bike trips.

So where does that leave me? Probably in an X3M but if the published weight is correct at 4600 lbs, that is seriously heavy. I would bet you don't notice it on the road but it sounds bad on paper. It will still be very very fast I'm sure. So really I guess it comes down to do I want a larger, heavier vehicle that I can drive anywhere anytime? Or stick with the sports car which will be lightning fast in the G80. I think the price for X3M will be virtually the same as G80 M3, they are about the same length, will have same powerplant and AWD drivetrain, blah blah...

G80 M3 Pros:
- FAST
- Lighter weight, better handling
- Better MPG? (who cares)
- Prestige/attention, a little more special IMO
- Can take to the track (I haven't done that since 2013)

G80 M3 Cons:
- FAST. Can't use this much power on the street very well.
- Ground clearance, pothole dances, limits in winter although AWD

X3M Pros:
- Probably a more appropriate level of fast for the street. TBD.
- Light off road ability
- Snow, all weather capable
- More comfortable in city (most likely)
- More space. Dog hauler, camping, road tripper, etc
- Available before next winter lol

X3M Cons:
- SUV driving dynamics, HEAVY.
- is that it?

f@&$ it. X3M for me.
Great post. Nice to have options. Hope one day I see a thread that reads:

X3M/X4M to M3/M4? Who's with me?

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0