04-22-2019, 08:23 AM   #912
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
Is there anything similar to or better for than The Wire? I don't think I have found anything since...

Power is okay, Breaking Bad and, couldn't get into Narcos.

Also, any recommendations for a funny sit com? Something like Mike and Molly?
If you haven't watched it yet, I am a big fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO. We also liked Louis C.K.'s show, Louie (FX), but I think it has been pretty much banned everywhere now. Maybe it is back since he served some penance, but then again he made that joke about the kids from Parkland so I don't know. There is one episode in particular where he is with his daughters in a store and needs to take a shit that I still laugh about when thinking of it.

Otherwise, most comedies suffer the same fate - start off funny and then spiral, usually when they have the characters get into relationships or take plots too far. For new / newish shows we kinda like The Kids Are Alright surprisingly funny on ABC) and I'm Sorry (tryTV). Better Things on FX also pretty good. Last Man Standing older and still ok, but not great. Modern Family and Life in Pieces have run their course to me, but earlier seasons were pretty good.
Soul_Glo13347.00