Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Pretty sure we would have the same scenario anywhere we lived. Sure we may have another car but can't imagine ever succumbing to the TV commercial idea of USA family car ownership, yknow? The "bigger is better" idea just never resonated with us in terms of cars or housing hence why we live here! Haha

What my post is referring to is more of a philosophical debate into why people feel the need to constantly be in search of new material goods instead of focusing on what they want and need be more satisfied.
People just have different priorities. I enjoy privacy with room to breathe so I moved to a house on a couple of acres in the burbs. I say "burbs" but I live in a city as well.

How did the 1M work with a rear-facing car seat? I just don't see how anyone enjoyed that period. Having owned a 1er, I know the center seat is not an option. Did your wife sit behind you and you folded the front seat down?
Yeah it was good! My wife wanted to sit in the back with the baby a lot so most of the time the seat was behind me and she sat in the passenger side rear. Later on we had put the carrier behind her seat (wife is 5'5"). Our kid outgrew the infant carrier in 8 months and we then had a convertible Diono with an angle adjuster that actually took less room rear facing than the carrier. It all worked out really well....we never had any child seat issues!