12-21-2011, 03:48 AM   #101
TogMogX3
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Good justification for them but only if you get snow more than once or twice a year (10C MINIMUM, 12C maximum in Reading today, not a single flake of snow has fallen here so far this winter and I would guess at most 2 days for the whole winter where there might be enough snow on the road for winter tyres to help) .

My gripe is the claims of greatly increased safety at anything below 7C which is nonsense IMO and is you can see from what I posted above you can get much more benefit from having less worn tyres.
My gripe is that there are those who fail to acknowledge well proven facts. Please read the many reports on winter tyre performance, they all give the same message and it is so simple to understand too. Try Google: winter tyre reports.

On a side note: thank you for informing me that my incar temperature gauge is giving false readings, I will have it checked out immediately. Yesterday when I drove into Reading and home again in the evening the gauge registered less that 7C on both journeys.
Appreciate 0