View Single Post
      07-04-2021, 10:42 AM   #333
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

With appreciation to Imran@Evolve for providing 1/4 mile data (via Dragy) for his 2021 G80 M3 Comp at Santa Pod Raceway [ https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1838141 ]. I compiled his pure stock numbers from the first 5 runs (before the beta Eventuri intakes were installed) and placed next to the top 8 of our Stock X3MC category.

Results as predicted but interesting to see actual data showing how 'Cd x A' (and weight) can influence interval times in vehicles with otherwise similar engines. Suspect the AWD may run in the 11.3xx range?

Edit 6 Jul 2021 – I appreciate Imran’s PM discussions in which he shared formal drag slip data for his 5 stock runs, the actual DA, his octane rating and his tire psi (OEM standard rec). This has improved the analysis so I’ve replaced the preliminary spreadsheet with this final version.

Would be interesting to also add formal slips from a stock X5MC as suspect it should be very close to these ETs. A rather unique collection of vehicle styles and sizes to run such similar fast times.
Attached Images

Last edited by Max Well; 07-06-2021 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: Updated spreadsheet with formal data from Imran
Appreciate 0