View Single Post
      07-29-2019, 03:31 PM   #49
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

With IND's great dyno information I was able to run the Sim with updated numbers (546 HP and 496 lb-ft), and it now captures Nate's data points quite well. As it is run at sea level it doesn't have the drop off on the higher end, so suspect the elevated DA might have something to do with that (coupled with the sim being just a rough approximation).

But it is interesting that the Sim now shows the max speed of 177.2 mph (what BMW claims), whereas with just the released numbers of 503 HP and 442 lb-ft it could only max out at 172 mph, so these dyno numbers are consistent with what the sim is seeing.

I've also corrected the drag chart to share Nate's information which he kindly PM'd me about 100 Octane, full tank, and that they do have the spare tire in the trunk (29.8 lbs just for the wheel/tire itself), and we already knew about the heavy moon roof.

I also ran the Sim at 200 lbs less, and as onfireX5 has suggested, it indeed cuts about 0.2 sec off the acceleration curve, at least according to the sim.

Thanks again to IND - some excellent objective data.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Transfer5250.00