View Single Post
      04-27-2021, 09:19 PM   #5
TX3M
Car guy
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper689 View Post
Wait, wait, wait... Are we praising a company that fixed a glaring and obvious oversight during their manufacturing and quality check process? Shouldn't this outcome be expected if they messed up? This is a pretty large discrepancy in my books.
Definitely not praising BMW. Also, it wasn't an oversight during manufacturing. BMW purposely installed the piano black trim on my car and many others. There was lots of discussion and complaints on the forum about this. I believe the explanation was that there was a "carbon fiber shortage" for a while so they had no choice but to use piano black on the center console.

The way I presented it to the dealership in my e-mail suggested that it was a mistake during manufacturing, and I think that's how they got approval to replace the trim. I think kscarrol is right that most dealerships would just tell the customer, "sorry but there was a CF shortage when your car was built so you're stuck with the piano black." In any case, I'm just sharing this so other forum members who also got the piano black trim can get it replaced if they ask and present their case the way I did.

Last edited by TX3M; 04-28-2021 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019146.00