View Single Post
      04-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #1
TX3M
Car guy
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

2021 X3 M40i - Dealership replaced piano black center console with carbon fiber trim

Like a lot of other folks, my 2021 X3 M40i (January build) ordered with the Carbon Fiber option arrived with the center console trim piece in piano black instead of the correct carbon fiber trim. I decided to send an e-mail to my dealership with pictures requesting they replace the piano black with the correct carbon fiber trim. The sales manager took it to his service manager, they escalated it to Regional and within a few days told me they are going to replace the piano black trim with the carbon fiber trim. They ordered it for me and it arrived 2 weeks later. It was installed in my X3 today free of charge. I'm very pleased!

I've attached the e-mail I sent to my dealership and a copy of the work order below. If you are one of the affected customers, you should go back to the dealership you bought your vehicle from and request they replace your piano black center console with the correct carbon fiber trim too. I hope BMW steps up and does this for all of the affected customers that ask.

Hi Max,

I hope this message finds you well. One of the options I ordered on my 2021 X3 M40i is the Carbon Fiber trim. This is supposed to include Carbon Fiber on the center console surrounding the control wheel. See the 1st picture I've attached below of the center console from a 2021 X3 M40i with Carbon Fiber trim currently for sale at BMW of Alexandria. Here is the link to that vehicle:

(*The link I sent in my e-mail is no longer active, but it was to pictures of an X3 M40i for sale showing the CF trim on the center console)

For some reason, my 2021 X3 M40i did not come with the correct Carbon Fiber trim on the center console. The entire center console piece is piano black (see the 2nd picture below of the center console trim on my vehicle).

*I am requesting that the piano black center console trim in my vehicle be replaced with the correct Carbon Fiber center console trim which I ordered and paid for. Please let me know if you need anything else from me to get this resolved. I will be happy to bring my X3 in for you to take a look at to confirm that I did not get the correct Carbon Fiber center console trim.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Carbon Fiber center console work order.pdf (464.7 KB, 685 views)

Last edited by TX3M; 12-14-2021 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 4