View Single Post
      01-27-2020, 05:33 PM   #29
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crst4s View Post
Yes, the science on snow tires is lacking here. There are comparisons of different tire makes the same size, on the same car, and under the same conditions. But I cannot find any similar comparisons for different widths of the same tire brand. Tires today are so superior to those of even a few years ago. If one follows F1 or any other motorsport, the effect of different tire compounds on performance is immediately apparent.

I have a Subaru Outback in Graphite Gray. Love how the color changes under differing light. Dark Graphite was one of my choices for the XM3. But 6 of my last 8 cars have been silver or gray, and I felt like a change. Hence the Phytonic Blue.
One thing I noticed is the Pirelli’s don’t seem to have as much siping as I expected. The salesman at Tire Rack notes that the BlueEarth (Yokohama I think?) had more. I guess that may impact dry performance.

Regarding the color, I really wanted the Interlagos Blue I had on the E46 M3 Competition I sold to partially fund the X3M, then black but was too scared, so settled on the Dark Graphite.

I should have just gone black as I imagine I don’t save any maintenance, but I do like this color.
Appreciate 0