01-27-2020, 04:56 PM   #28
crst4s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by spta97 View Post
Thanks! Mine is actually Dark Graphite- but it can look black in some pics/angles. I cleaned them for the first time this weekend and it was nothing short of a nightmare. Yours look good and super easy to clean!

There were two others I wanted ahead of this set but one was on back order until spring and the other was 2x the price.

Interesting article - and makes sense with the wider footprint as that’s what off road guys do in sand along with lowering the pressure. Fresh snow seems to respond similarly.
Yes, the science on snow tires is lacking here. There are comparisons of different tire makes the same size, on the same car, and under the same conditions. But I cannot find any similar comparisons for different widths of the same tire brand. Tires today are so superior to those of even a few years ago. If one follows F1 or any other motorsport, the effect of different tire compounds on performance is immediately apparent.

I have a Subaru Outback in Graphite Gray. Love how the color changes under differing light. Dark Graphite was one of my choices for the XM3. But 6 of my last 8 cars have been silver or gray, and I felt like a change. Hence the Phytonic Blue.
Appreciate 0