View Single Post
      05-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
///Mposter
Macgyver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

DIY Cabin Air Filter Change 2011 BMW X3 (F25) 35xi

Hello again everyone. I have another simple DIY I just accomplished.

DIY Cabin Air Filter Change 2011 BMW X3 (F25) 35xi

Parts and tools:
Genuine BMW part $40.24
64 31 9 312 318

Or alternate Mahle filter $35
Or alternate Meyle filter $35

Open the hood and walk to the passenger side .

Gain access to the cabin air filer under the cowling by removing the 8" rubber liner and partially removing the 5 foot rubber liner.

Now you can pinch the cowling access panel to remove. Lift up and take note how the windshield wiper spray nozzle hoses are routed.

Now you can see the filter cover. Lift up at the front and pull towards the front. The rear are not locking tabs but instead "guide pins" so take a peek back there for later.

Assuming you have the new filter, you will see the odd design of the two filters taped together . The taped portion should be toward the front. It does make for a difficult install.

Remove the old filter by giving no care what so ever and just pull out or squeeze together and lift up. The bottom filter sits in place under a front tab, so don't be surprised if you scrape your hand pulling it out.

The tricky part here is not damaging the new one. I found that it was installed like a ">" so I tried to put both filters in and get the bottom back under the inside front tab. I pushed the top filter toward the windshield and was able to use my fingers to get the bottom one seated with some massaging.

The top one just settles in place with no issue.

Put the covers back on in reverse order , WW nozzle hoses, rubber liners, and close the hood. You are done.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2