Thread: My new 30e
View Single Post
      01-29-2020, 03:54 PM   #14
NordicX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40

Thanks everybody! Lets see if I can answer some of questions already but will come back on more comments later as well.

“Suby01” – No, there is only a “super-eco” mode available. Haha. No the modes are the same as normal with comfort, eco, sport (and I think sport plus as well) and individual.

“Fujing” & others. About Range – I’m not a “nerd” in this area as some people I know who drive hybrids and it is rather early to tell given I got the car yesterday and it is around +1-5celcius outside which takes down the range. I had a VW Passat GTE before with a official range figure of 50km by the old NEDC standard and this should do 46km by the new WLTP, which is much stricter. The Passat did in reasonably heavy stop and go traffic with not so economic driving, as I do not put much attention to that, around 30+km in the summer and 20+km in the winter as the heating killed quite a lot of the battery. I’ve now driven to work a couple of times and the gut feeling is that the range is somewhat longer and maybe you could multiply the passat range by around 1.25x. So I would hope this to be able to do some 35-40km in the summer going to work and maybe some 25-30km in the winter (Km is 0.62miles). With not so heavy traffic of course the range should be longer. However, I feel I’ve not fully learned the tricks with the battery, charging etc and it takes a bit time get a firm view on the range. So have to come back to that and the 1.25x you should take as a wild guess based on a gut feeling. One thing to keep in mind is that the heater which can be used to pre-heat the car in the winter is electric in the 30e(passat was petrol) which could impact the battery as well.

“Pierreye” – Fuel tank 50litres if I’ve not mistaken.

“asyvan” – Tack!

“chx437” – I measured it and it seemed to be 7,5cm(around 3 inches) higher from the plastic in front. Seems that “Revenous666” already posted some photos, thanks for that. And Jukka; Se on tosi hieno auto, tulet olemaan tosi tyytyväinen!

“Revenous666” – on “cons”. Yes, agree. I ordered the car 5 months ago and I had seen photos of the boot already some months ago so have got used to the idea so did not reflect on it. The bump I did not notice however before you pointed that out, so not a very large one though. The boot size is the same as the hybrid Q5 and GLC and I’m sure will be fine in 99,5% of times for my 4 person family with two kids. The larger boot you have the more you will pack, that is my experience.

“mathys” – Yes. Exterior – Msport, Sophisto Grey with extended shadowline(black grill, exhaust tips), tinted rear windows, 699M wheels. Interior – Pearl Crome Rombicle trim, Black leather Vernasca

“Dilbert2402” – there is enough space for the boot cover (and maybe the net) but not so much excess space beyond that.

“spangle1980” -the electricity only driving is pretty good actually and the car feels surprisingly quick on max electric. I did 90 % of the driving with my previous car with electricity and based on first two days I will do the same with the X3 30e. And when it comes to transition between engines I think it is very seamless. Did test drive 330e and did not feel then it was as good. Strange as it is pretty much the same drivetrain. I did test the MB E 350de as well which was very good in in my view but I think this is even better than that.

Last edited by NordicX3; 01-29-2020 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 2
asyvan166.00
muzzalad268.50