First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M  [0.00]
2021 GLC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chentw View Post
spucktacular Have you code your car yet? Brembo actually does not clear my 19" OEM wheels. I might go with your set up. Did you just replace the two front brakes or did you replace all 4 brakes?
I haven't had a chance to check the DSC module to see if the values can be modified on our F25/F26 like can be done on the F30.

Given our F25/F26 have 329mm brake rotors in the front and 330mm in the back (less pad surface in the back, but the same diameter give or take), I'm not sure changing the brake emphasis to the front is the best idea, if it's even possible in the DSC module. Yes under light braking, the car would bite quicker, but under heavy braking you're not using the full potential of the "relatively" large rear rotors.

The front rotors are small at 329, but not taking full advantage of the rear axle braking potential puts even more strain on the small front axle.

My point is, the F25/F26 may not have the best initial bite, so keep some space in front of you, but with the right pads/rotors you can get all the braking endurance you need to stop from serious high-speed runs, all day long!

Strong braking capacity, doesn't always mean quick bite or short pedal travel... as much as we may wish otherwise. Job does get done confidently though, with the right setup.

Last edited by spucktacular; 09-07-2017 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0