View Single Post
      03-16-2024, 12:02 AM   #35
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Of all the sound bites I listened to, none of them sounded like my problem. But, as I was aware it could be a problem when I had the car in for service last June (2023) for the wind noise, they said they checked and it wasn't a problem. Still had the rattle when I got it home. When I took it in September, the tech couldn't hear it, even though the shop foreman could. Then I took it in the week before last and they blamed my aftermarket puddle lights. Took it in this week with the lights removed and they finally decided the washer rattle was the problem. They ran almost 30 miles on the car (making lunch runs?) over several test drives, one of which was 20+ miles, and said it was corrected. Seems like they were right. My noise never started until the car was warmed up with a few miles on it.

I've got to lube the door seals again as I can hear them squeaking a bit. BTW - the tech did mention that there is an official fix for that - some sort of clear Teflon strip they stick along the top edge of the door seal area on the frame.
Appreciate 0