View Single Post
      07-27-2020, 03:40 PM   #23
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Is your vehicle on stock suspension or lowered?
Stock suspension. I don't lower SUVs, I need the ground clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iM3an View Post
That's awesome! Did you change tires/what tires are on it?
Michelin PS4S except I upsized to 265 front and 295 rear. No spacers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Cool😎. Is that Mt Shasta area?
Just north of Mt. Rainier in WA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
You have the setup I've been contemplating. I have an M4 comp, but my two little girls and a love of mountain biking are pushing me in the direction of an X3/5 M. The hitch in my plan was the lack of a factory hitch. I generally lease and didn't want to modify the car in a way to violate the lease. Sounds like I could do your hitch. I generally haul my bike on my old FJ cruiser, but it sucks on trips longer than an hour.

Thanks for posting and enjoy those great bikes. What trail were you riding? Looks like Washington. Don't blame you for not pedaling up, even if it was a fire road. 😜
I'm on a lease and I suppose I'll have to remove the hitch if I don't keep the car. Honestly though it's such an awesome rig that there is a decent chance I would buy it out at lease end. I've had a couple M3s and always sell them because of their lack of functionality in my life. The X3M gives me an M car that is very similar to M3 but with the utility and AWD I need. It's a niche vehicle that has some turbo lag and is stiff, but for me and everyone I've had in it, it's not uncomfortable. Once you figure out the power band and gearing, the turbo lag is less of an issue and it has great throttle response with option to make it hair trigger in sport+. I think it's a fantastic compromise vehicle just as long as you're not expecting a track car.

The trail was Ranger Creek and Deep Creek in WA. Normally I do pedal up but these are not really climbing trails and with a shuttle option to get two runs in, that sealed that plan.
Appreciate 1