View Single Post
      03-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #60
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Given your description of the overall experience it makes the price more palatable.

Schloss Schauenstein

From their website

lunch and dinner (per person)

3 courses CHF 198.00
4 courses CHF 219.00
5 courses CHF 235.00
6 courses CHF 259.00
Ah yea, I see where you got that from now. Ya, not sure anyone does 3 courses, as that would be silliness (as you said). We did the "all in" (as it doesn't make much sense to do 3 courses) and, judging from the length of everyone else's meal, I'm pretty sure everyone else did too. I think the only variation we noticed is that some people only did 5 courses as they didn't want desert or whatever that 6th course was. In any case, as you probably know, it's only 6 'main' courses, with multiple small in between dishes, palate cleansers, greetings from the chef, etc. I did not leave hungry, nor did I feel like there weren't enough courses. Certainly to fill an entire evening, it's more than just 6 courses (pretty sure we spent 7:30-12:30 there, and only left because we wanted to let the staff go home and to bed). Obviously, it was expensive, but we did feel it was worth it when the entire evening was taken into consideration, and the absolutely stunning location (it really is an old castle, and feels like you are eating inside someone's renaissance palace). It certainly surpassed my own expectations. Also, I believe the wine choices, being local Austrian, were cheaper than you find at typical expensive restaurants.

There is no comparison between this place, and eating in Munich for half the price. The latter being a waste of money, now that I see the chasm of difference between the two experiences. But yea, I wouldn't recommend it if you weren't into these experiences or weren't planning on spending half that much eating out in Munich.

Last edited by absoluteis350; 03-09-2016 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0