c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Under $60K is the BASE Stingray. The Z51 performance package, that allows it to hit 60 in less than 3 seconds, is a performance package that comes with shorter gearings and eLSD that improves traction and launch that cost about $8,000 in the previous C7 generation. Add destination and the car that will hit 60 in 2.8 second is a $70,000 base car.

Having said all that.

WTF BMW. Chevy, CHEVROLET, the company that makes Malibus and Sparks and what not, just made the ONLY car in the world that can hit 60 mph in less than 3 seconds that cost less than $70,000 MSRP.

What. The. F**k. You would think that, any automotive company capable of innovation that allows them to make an "ultimate driving machine" wouldn't be wearing a bow-tie*. Where's our mid engine supercar? The i8? That's a joke from a performance standpoint.

Where's the BMW that provided the massive V12 for the fastest production car in the world? Where's the BMW that made just enough E30 M3s to dominate touring car for decades? Where's the BMW that was the De Facto "ultimate driving machine" that used to produce cars that many claimed to be the greatest sedan in the world?

You know what, I don't even begrudge. You all can say "hey but does it have 4 seats?" Chevy made something SPECIAL here. They weren't too shy about upsetting 50 years of tradition and put the engine behind the driver. They had a clear goal in mind, make the fastest, most capable car in a price range that a decent size of the population CAN aspire to.

What have YOU done lately, BMW?

There I just made it so it can stay in General BMW too.
And you pay for CarPlay lol.....
Appreciate 0