07-27-2019, 10:11 PM   #443
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
not sure what point you're trying to get across. 458 is 10 years old. They are well known as one of the most reliable supercars made. especially compared to the mclarens.

No car is immune to problems. Even GT3s had engines that caught on fire. Porsche stepped in and replaced engines. and added a 10 year warranty.

When dodge demons started blowing differentials dodge made no effort to rectify it. They warrantied it with the same defective part. people were still damaging their exhaust, halfshafts, and undercarriage with the exploding part.

GM never stepped in and ramped up the cooling on the Z06. Customers had to look to their own aftermarket solutions. in fact their is an ongoing lawsuit on this:

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/...it-to-proceed/
My point was pretty clear. All car makers have issues on the track on occasion, Chevy Ferrari and others alike. And as See5 already mentioned the issues were indeed corrected. Not to mention, I can’t think of anybody who tracks their cars find their own solutions to make them perform better, including cooling. Also, The number of z06’s affected by overheating was a very small percentage.
Overheating and going into limp mode is a far cry from Porsche’s engines bursting into flames. The fact that they replaced them surprises no one. I know guys who track C7Z’s without issue and they and I think it was overblown story.
Don’t think there was one Z that self emulated. Limp over flames any day.

The C6Z is also a ten year plus old car that lapped the Ring a good deal quicker the the 458, hardly old guys cruising the blvd. Corvettes are put through the ringer on tracks as we all know.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
Efthreeoh17316.50