02-23-2016, 09:22 PM   #44
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
Wow! I had to scroll back to see when I wrote my original comment! (Almost 3 years ago.)

Yes, there's resolution. For almost 2 years I've been driving the X5 35d that replaced the X3. I've also purchased an M235 since writing this post. Neither of these cars have the problem I perceived with the X3. I don't know if it was just my car or something that was an issue with the model.
Sorry I can't be more help, but for numerous reasons I'm much happier with the X5. Most of it has to do with my feeling that the wide torque band of turbocharged and diesel powertrains is much more suitable to heavier vehicles. The NA six in my 2011 X3 wasn't as good, in my opinion. This doesn't have anything to do with the brakes and I'm sure all of the current powertrains are an improvement, but I figured I'd throw it in.
No worries. I've also an M235i and wife went from E53 X5 to F25 X3 and X3s brakes have the worst feel of about a half a dozen BMWs we've had...

It has little initial bite and the pedal travel seems spongy. Brand new. Bedded in, all that jazz.

So similar experience as yours.
Appreciate 0