Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1991 E30 M3

Garage List
1991 BMW M3  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I am in Canada, but pretty sure that the US configuration is telling what to expect from model year 2021 here in Canada as well. I was hoping for at least some new features being available, as even a fully-loaded X3M is missing a lot of technology updates from other models.

Does the new iDrive 7 and Live Cockpit Pro mean that the "Hey BMW" voice commanding is now supported? That is actually something I am looking to have, as to my experience it works well.

Another feature I have been hoping for is BMW Drive Recorder to replace a need for a dash cam, but I wonder if that will be available with iDrive 7? It is pretty incredible that such systems are not available across all models in year 2020.

Finally, I was really hoping for some new color options, as I do find the only two colors Phytonic Blue and Toronto Red fairly unexciting tones. I guess new colors won't available before proper life-cycle update.
I just had a 2020 X3 M40i as a loaner while having my 1,200 mile break-in service performed on Friday.

It was equipped with iD7 and had "Hey BMW" feature. iD7 was a "stripped" version from what you find in the other 5, and 8 models. No remote start and I'm sure it didn't have drive recorder, although, I didn't check.

Assuming this is what the 2021 F9X will be equipped with.
Appreciate 0