Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post
I have e92 m3 and e84 x1(35) as my dd. My wife drives x3 m40i which is also our family car. I have entertained the thought of consolidating those 3 into x3m in the future. I am skeptical though. M40i is stupid fast for a suv and handles pretty well but I still find my old x1 more fun. The size and the lack of road feel make x3 feel less involving. It's a great car but not what I would take out just to drive. Will the full m treatment change this? Perhaps. But I think I will stick with my current combo.
Full m treatment should change it. That's the biggest complaint I had with the F39 that I don't have with the F80. It's crazy to think how much an M feels different when in and driving than a regular version of the same model.
I think in theory "do it all" cars like x3m make lot of sense. The reality however is not as appealing. it means using this $80k m car in situations far less than ideal. It will have to function as a bad weather/ winter beater (why would you get an suv other wise). Eventually you will want to get a cheap winter beater for your mental wellbeing. Then you'll think to yourself "why don't I get a more dedicated sportscar like m3 now that I have a winter beater?" You trade x3m for m3 and the cycle goes on. Just my two cents
There is other reasons for an SUV than a "weather / winter beater". Plus I don't live anywhere where there is winter. So I don't agree with your post, but it's your opinion and nothing wrong with that.

X3M will not be anywhere near as limiting as my F80.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0