First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys1820 View Post
Good morning.
Dear bmw drivers. nice to meet you.
I'm Mr. Seo from Korea.
I'm going to tell a very important story from now on.
Have you ever experienced an emergency braking without any obstacles ahead like the title?
I had an emergency braking while driving on a highway in Korea, and the seatbelt was pulled and the brake was applied, causing a safety accident.
Fortunately, there was no vehicle following.
Hurry to go to the hospital for diagnosis and visit the bmw a / s center
At the time, I had an accident while submitting evidence, and there was a problem with the parts.
I was asked to replace it and asked to pay for treatment.
However, on the bmw side, a malfunction occurred when watching the video, but with a vehicle diagnostic
The result of the inspection is normal because there are no messages related to the accident.
So you can't do anything. He asked me to sue if he wanted, and he sent me home.
I was so unhappy that I found a place to seek help in many ways, but mostly
agree well with bmw. They told me that I couldn't win against big companies. I was thinking of not having a special solution, and when it malfunctioned, I decided that it was impossible to agree.
My job is an airline mechanic, and I usually find and fix defects. If the sensor is sensitive, you can skip it once or twice,
Repeated malfunctions determined that the defect was correct
Eventually you will find the bmw maintenance manual.
As a result of studying afterwards, it was found that there was no message related to the accident mentioned by bmw Korea, but the message "kafas camera window heating plus line disconnection or short circuit" had a major relationship with the above accident.
A Korean government agency, a responsible researcher from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, came along and checked the vehicle together, and found a "short circuit".
There was a burnmark on the pin of the connector.
Since I found a defect afterwards, I believed it would be solved smoothly.
They found Burnmark, but there was no message regarding the vehicle diagnostics.
It is normal. To me by e-mail.
I'm angry and I'm currently a Korean media company
I made a report on sbs, and there are various malfunctions such as my car x3 as well as 520D and 420D with this device.
In my judgment and expert opinion, the above situation is not a malfunction, but a flaw.
It may be difficult to translate because it is a Korean version, but see the related link
Drivers who have experienced problems in the United States or the United Kingdom or all around world are encouraged to contact us.
If you have any questions and solutions, please contact sys1907@naver.com.
The link below is your story.
Thank you.
Wait, the car insurance company didn't do any investigation and also not willing to cover the costs? I'm confused. I don't know how things work in S. Korea.

Other forum members have experienced this emergency braking out of nowhere though no one got into an accident. They might be able to chip in further.
Appreciate 0