Garage List
2024 BMW i5 eDr40  [10.00]
2022 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIA4v2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuleshov77 View Post
M5 and X5M have to stay the flagman cars so that makes sense.

I just don't get this M vs M40 comparison. Cars are different period imho.

I'd challenge all F10 M5 and F80 guys to jump into M550 and M340 next. No enthusiast is going to do that. I can also argue M550 is the same looking and all as F90 but we all know this is false. Same goes here.

I am confused, are you referring to F30 (non M) to F80 M3.
Just park both side by side and see them from the rear, somebody has to be blind to not be able to tell the difference, on how (way)more muscular the M3 is.

Now do the same on X3 and X3M, ehmmm....someone says you need magnifying glass to tell the difference. This is what everyone is talking about, the car is beautiful but not enough distinction from non(real) M X3.

Again, it could be blessing in disguise, maybe discount from the get go on X3M/X4M
I had a F30 and F80 both black at the same time and no one would really know the difference expect for my car friends. And I really preferred it that way. I don't want to be noticed and keep my cars stock. Still have the F80 tucked away in a garage and will be replacing the X3 30i with a X3 M. I even thought about getting the same dark grey but ended up picking with Donington.

There are significant differences between the M40i and X3 M. Engine, Brakes, Suspension and weighty structural reinforcements.

Looking from the back comparing a M40i to a X3 M you'd notice the different rear spoiler, bumper, exhaust and maybe the M mirrors.
Appreciate 2