View Single Post
      07-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
ChrisAC
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3

New X3 Owner. Questions

Hey everyone,
Wife and I just picked up a new to us 2007 X3 this weekend.
Really enjoying it so far, but we've come across a few things we can't figure out.
Any and all help would be appreciated.

-We only got one key (so another will be ordered) and we can't seem to get it to unlock the car by pressing the buttons. Do you have to put the key into the driver's door in order to unlock the vehicle?

-Does anyone have recommendations on where to order a new key? We did not buy it from a BMW dealer, but we have one close by (in fact, the CARFAX shows that dealer was the original seller and also serviced the vehicle quite a bit).

-We can get the sound system (Business CD) to work on AUX with the Mrs.' ipod, but I can't seem to get it to RADIO at all.

-(Related to above question) I've read that a weak battery would shut down the radio. Would this let the AUX work, though? I've located the glove-box fuse box and I have the diagram, but I'm not 100% certain which fuse is for the radio, so I can check it. Anyone know where to locate it? I think I see one here with a CD drawing, and above that looks like a cassette drawing (no cassette or changer, just a CD in this one). This car was sitting on the lot for almost four months (they came down over $5K), so I'm thinking this might be related to the battery.

THANKS FOR THE HELP! I'm sure I'll have more questions to add shortly.
Appreciate 0